SPIDER-MAN no way home Movie Review.




SPIDER-MAN no way home Movie Review.

 

spider-man no way home is directed by john watts rounding out his, I guess home trilogy if you want to call it something, and this film stars tom holland once again as spider-man, and in this film spider-man's identity is now revealed and peter asks dr strange for help but when the spell goes wrong dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear forcing peter to discover what it truly means to be spider-man let's keep talking about spider-man no way home.

 

 I will be doing a spoiler review as well because there are a lot of things I would like to discuss that I will not be discussing right now I guess I have to establish what I consider a spoiler if it's in the trailer already.

 

 I'm going to talk about it there are villains already revealed in the trailer and I'm going to speak about them so if you somehow avoided all the trailers and for some reason are reading this review even though  I'm just being super careful on this movie is easily the best of the home trilogy for me I haven't been a massive fan of these movies I've enjoyed homecoming and far from home I rewatched both of them yesterday leading up to this film and I still enjoy them but they're by no means my favorite spider-man movies and this one will be re-watched by me more than a few times for sure.

 

 I had a great time with it there are some inconsistencies and some issues that I have a little bit that I'll discuss in brief detail but for the most part, I think spider-man fans are going to have a really good time with this movie and especially if you loved homecoming and far from home and you're just totally wrapped up in MJ and peter and their relationship and all that if that's like you're gonna you're just gonna have a great time um I also had a great time with this movie but because it felt darker than the other two this without a doubt is the closest we've ever gotten having spider-man in the MCU like tom holland he has put through a lot of dark stuff and he has to deal with a lot of things that he's never had to deal with before that forced him to become spider-man like he's not spider-teen he's not spider-boy in this movie gets put through the wringer which is what peter parker has always been to me and it was wonderful to see.

 

we know from the last film that jk Simmons is back as jay Jonah Jameson and he's in the film considerably I was very happy to see that but Alfred Molina as you know returns as doc ock which I never honestly thought I'd see a world where I saw him on the screen something I ever expected to see Jamie Foxx is back as electro this is insane like the fact that that these people are in this movie is just it's insane I struggled to comprehend what I was looking at it sometimes because I just never thought I would see that one of my biggest concerns though going in was that they were going to show up and say like a line and then go away like I was afraid norman was gonna show up jump on his glider go godspeed spider-man and then blow up that's not the case at all thank god they are in the movie for a considerable amount of run time and they have a lot to do and they're not just there to be called backs they all have a plight they all have something that they would like to obtain they all have reasons for wanting it and it makes sense and when it comes to spider-man's interaction with these three characters, this is a broad term but it was very good I don't mean like the quality I just mean like heart-warming and special and it happened the way it should happen for spider-man like spider-man's choices made sense for the character and I just really liked what they did and Willem Dafoe is really good in this movie.

 





 I loved hearing his voice and seeing his face contort into the green goblin I don't know the man he was good I loved him so much and it was just wonderful to see him like in the movie not just in a few shots the real heart and soul of the movie though lies in the relationship between tom hall and spider-man and zendaya's MJ and they work extremely well together their chemistry is off the charts but also the story is just really sweet and I liked everything they did with those characters, as well as Dr. Strange Benedict Cumberbatch gets some cool moments in In this movie there's an amazing sequence which you have seen in the trailers and I won't talk about like what's going on but there's like a train and doctor strange is doing some up magic and that sequence was amazing one of the best things that john watts have done in this trilogy.


I think my biggest issue with the movie is one about editing and one of filmmaking john watts to me is a good filmmaker but I have never been blown away by his visual take on spider-man It all feels like it fits into the MCU very well but I never really felt a lot of personality coming through in his directing style most of that was usually due to the characters and the actors inhabiting those characters just really giving a lot to these movies and there are some choices in the film especially editing wise that I didn't understand the first time we see Willem Dafoe as a green goblin without the mask on it was handled very strangely it just cut to his face there was no tilt up there was no push in it was just a cut to his face and I was like oh it's like that didn't they didn't give him a great reveal I mean they give his suit a great reveal but then it's like that's well that's Willem Dafoe bro like he was in platoon man like show some goddamn respect and give him a tilt at least in regards to those editing choices they also cut away from Defoe a lot when he would be just chewing up the scenery and going for it and it felt like they were almost worried that he was going for it too much and taking away from the realism of the movie which I just strongly disagree with because they kept cutting away to things that was less interesting than Willem Dafoe as green goblin talking they were editing choices like that bugged sometimes it did feel like some of these villain characters were just sort of in their little box and they were being filmed in their own space and they weren't necessarily in the same space as the other characters and it was almost like they filmed some of them separately and kind of stitched them together with someone else off-camera reading the lines, it just didn't always feel like they were in the same room with everyone it's a strange thing to describe maybe you just have to see the film and understand what I mean but that could also be because for these three villain characters I read that they originally didn't necessarily want the public to know that doc ock electro and green the goblin was in the movie and maybe they just had to always film them indoors because they were afraid of trying to leak so I don't know but that's my main gripe with the film is some of the editings choices sometimes it felt like shots just weren't as interesting or as uh dynamic as they could have been but it's a very small gripe amongst a two and a half hour movie that I found consistently entertaining tom holland is wonderful as spider-man it's the best he's ever been I've liked him since homecoming and civil war but here he is really good, uh and I mean phenomenal in this movie and it has an amazing ending I love the ending of this the movie I think it's extremely satisfactory and I am seeing it again this weekend I can't wait that's all I can say right now there is so much other stuff I want to talk about but I can't and uh you'll just have to wait a few more days guys thank you so much always for watching look forward to more reviews very soon and if you like this you can click right here and get stuck.

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Previous Post Next Post